Tuesday, January 18, 2011

1st Major Project

Here’s the deal

This blog will not only motivate me to organize but keep me on track too! I was up all night dreaming about what project to start with (yes, I do dream about organizing and no, it’s not a problem…well, maybe). Anyway, I’ll be focusing my energy toward the scary black hole of a guest bedroom. Few reasons to start there; one, last weekend I scrubbed my house top to bottom so it should be on maintenance level for a while. Hopefully. Two, tax time is coming up soon so I need to find a spot in there so I can start going through all that paperwork (ministry taxes are very complex luckily I just need to gather everything to send off to a brave soul who’ll do it for us). Three, Kaden’s birthday is 2 weeks. 2.weeks. (deep breath) so that room needs to be livable, well at the least sleep-able! So here we go!  



First thing, I need to figure out what exactly I want from this space. Right now, it’s used as storage. Every few weeks, it’ll host some guests for a weekend but that is really the only time someone has a reason to enter it (except the cats, for some reason, they break into that room everyday and sleep on the bed, only quiet spot in the house?). My work is starting to let me work from home occasionally and hopefully they’ll bump up that to allow me to do that more. When I work at home now, I sit with my husband’s laptop on the couch and do it. Hopefully I’ll be able to hook a second monitor up so I’ll need a space for that but I would rather it not be in this room just in case it needs to become another bedroom someday plus I hate being closed off from everything. We are going to move forward with the room’s main function as a guest bedroom and no longer as office or storage area (although it still with store stuff).

Here is the scheduled plan…
·         Organizing my scrapbooking supplies
·         Organizing desk area
·         The closet (this will be a two part thing)

I think next week will be focused on making the room into a nice place for guests to stay.

So what do you think? Got any guest bedrooms or offices that need tackled?

No comments:

Post a Comment